Simply choose a plan to get started.
Prenuptial Agreement Packages start
Get your prenuptial aggreement prepared and filed for you! Just choose a plan and click get started. Currently serving clients in Illinois and Missouri only.
Are you needing a prenuptial agreement? Use our convenient prenuptial agreement forms and get everything squared away online.
What’s a prenuptial agreement (prenup)?
A prenup occurs when a couple is about to be married, but one or both of the spouses has assets that they wish to protect in the event that the two parties decide to separate/divorce. The prenuptial agreement is signed BEFORE the marriage occurs and is a basic outlines the assets that need to be protected.
Considering the convenience of preparing your prenuptial agreement forms online with us? Review some marriage statistics:
- 63% of divorce attorneys say that they have seen an increase in prenuptial agreements in the last three years.
- 46% of divorce attorneys noted in a recent survey that they’ve noticed a dramatic increase in the number of women who have initiated the requests for a prenup.
- 15% of people who have been through a divorce regret not having a prenuptial agreement in place.
- 44% of singles believe that having a prenup is a good idea before entering into a marriage.
- The three top reasons why a prenuptial agreement is put into place is to provide protection of separate property, alimony/spousal maintenance, and the division of property.
- A well-drafted prenup can ‘override’ both Community Property law and Equitable Distribution State law.
Is there a valid argument in saying that a couple who gets a prenuptial agreement is expecting a divorce to occur and so they won’t try to work through a marriage? Not really. A prenuptial agreement is more about protecting oneself against the worst case scenario. Far too many times there have been instances where the wealthier half of a married couple before a marriage occurs comes out of a divorce living below the poverty line. If there are important assets that someone has, a prenup makes sense to put into place.
Compete Your Prenuptial Agreement Forms Online with Us & Walk Down the Aisle with Peace of Mind!
When legal issues arise, it can be scary and confusing. After completion of your prenuptial agreement forms, we are here to answer any questions or provide you with additional services. Call our office: 618.659.4499 to set-up an in person consultation with one of our expert attorneys. They can help navigate you through any legal process or find you the appropriate resources. You are not alone. The legal team at Sivia Law is here for you.